3.26.2013

Guidelines for a Stay-Homer's Sanity - Part 7

-Disclaimer:  These are *Geoffrey Rush's Barbosa voice* "more guidelines than actual rules" and they are what I think will work best for our family.  Every family is different and so take these with a proverbial grain of salt.  To each mommy their own!-


Okay, I'm not necessarily talking about training for the next big marathon all year round (unless that's what you do, in which case, wow!  I'm in awe!), but a general sort of physical activity daily can really help boost endorphines and motivate you to keep moving.  

There's something in the law of physics that an object in motion tends to stay in motion, right? So keep your body moving!  This doesn't mean having to do a formal workout everyday, just anything that gets your heart pumping and the blood flowing.  Go for a walk, dance in the living room, do cartwheels for Pete's sake!

The best time is in the morning, shortly after you wake up.  You're probably thinking the same thing I did when I first heard about this routine: "But then I'll be tired and not want to do anything all day!"  Wrong-o (at least it was for me)!  A half hour to an hour of physical activity in the morning actually jump starts all your systems and gives you a head start on the day.

It still amazes me how refreshed and alert I feel after a quick jog or some impromptu dancing around the living room (and an invigorating shower).  It sets the tone for my entire day, "Yes! I am awake, and I am doing things today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment